Visual Web Developer Express Edition

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 30, 2007 at 12:56 AM
I've got a number of errors when I try to use the dll (and the source files incidentally) in visual web developer express.

I've added the control both to my toolbox and in my app_code folder with a reference.

This error appears as a message box when I try to drag and drop a control instance from the toolbox ...
... Control cannot be created because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly

These 2 errors appear in the error list window. Initially only the first appeared - I had at that point only added the dll to my app_code folder and added a reference. Upon entering the dll into the toolbox i noticed the second error.

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'RealWorld1.Grids' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Error 2 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\VALE\BulkEditGridViewTest.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly 'RealWorld1.Grids' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\VALE\BulkEditGridViewTest.aspx 1 1 C:\...\VALE\

Any ideas how i might fix this?

The rest of my pages are in vb, will that have anthing to do with it?
In future, (because i'm a newbie) how should controls be added to project? Can i use controls that i haven't added to the toolbox?

Also, can i use both c# and vb code in the same project using visual web developer?

Finally, are web projects created in visual studio generally compatible with web developer express?

Thank you so much for your responses.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM
The App_Code folder is for your code. You want to "Add a reference" to the dll which will put the dll in you "bin" folder.